Recipient of SEMA 2013 New Product Media Award.
Why get a Zeitronix ECA-2 Ethanol Content Analyzer?
Why know your ethanol percentage? E85 has the equivalent octane rating of 105 octane gasoline. Higher octane fuel is more resistant to knock allowing for more aggressive ignition timing, higher compression and increased engine power over gasoline itself. The Zeitronix Ethanol Content Analyzer helps you get the most out of your engine and fuel.
What’s your ethanol percentage? The ethanol content of E85 fuel can vary from 60% to 92% ethanol. A fill up with E85 can drastically change the mix of fuel in your vehicle. For performance drivers determining actual ethanol content of E85 is essential to maximizing an engine tune and horsepower.
Zeitronix ECA-2 Ethanol Content Analyzer SPECIFICATIONS
- Two 0-5 V analog outputs: Ethanol % and Fuel Temperature for use with ECUs, data logging and engine management systems.
- Connecting harness to Zeitronix Flow Through FLEX Fuel Sensor is included. Harness length is 8 ft (2.4m).
- Optional real time E% Ethanol Content Gauge.
– The E% gauge is only 3/4″ (19mm) thick. The back of the gauge is completely flat with cable hidden in a cavity and can be surface mounted almost anywhere inside the car cabin using a piece of Velcro or double sided tape. The E% Gauge base allows the gauge to be mounted in a standard 2” 1/16 (52mm) gauge pod. For additional mounting options the package includes 2 set screws and 2 nuts (4-40 screw size). Check out the gallery for gauge installation pictures.
– The E% Gauge plugs into the ECA-2 GAUGE port. Power and serial data is supplied directly through the single connection – there are no additional +12V or ground wires. The E% Gauge cable length is 5 ft (1.5m).
– ECA-2 is required for E% Gauge operation.
- A flex fuel sensor is required. The ECA-2 is compatible with standard OEM sensors used in most vehicles with the flex fuel insignia or which run on E85.
- ECA-2 dimensions: 3″ x 2″ x 1″ (76mm x 50mm x 25mm)
- Made in the USA!
Zeitronix ECA-2 ANALOG OUTPUTS
Ethanol content and temperature analog outputs are available as part of the ECA-2. A flex fuel sensor does not provide these outputs. We have created the ECA-2 to provide these outputs making use of E-85 easier with after market engine control modules and data logging systems.
Signal: 0-5 Volts
Range: 0% to 100%
Signal: 0-5 Volts
Range: -40 to 125 °C (-40 to 257 °F)